You keep track of all my sorrows.
You have collected all my tears in Your bottle.
You have recorded each one in Your book.
Psalm 56:8
I've heard people talk about rising from their prayers and being in a puddle of tears but, even though I've cried many times in my life, this time I understand that image, because I'm sitting in a puddle of my very own.
I've been fighting a battle for a long time, mostly within myself and tonight it just bubbled up until I fell to my face and poured everything out to God. Normally I try to hold back my tears, be strong, handle things on my own...but I see now this can't be changed by anything I've said or done or anything I will say or do...so this time I just let the tears fall as much as they wanted.
Wise and devoted friends are praying for me at this moment across the State, giving me encouragement and interceding on my behalf. We know nothing is impossible with God, and He has promised to rescue us when we call.
So now I'm drying my eyes and waiting for this promise to be fulfilled.
"Your every action must be done with love."
1 Corinthians 16:14
This verse is also on my mind. Because what I need to do to fix the problem is love...unconditionally, without anger, without harsh treatment, without fear. When all I want to do is cry and be angry, God promises to fill me with His love and give me the ability to handle any situation that comes.
No comments:
Post a Comment